My job is mobile and I split my time working alternate weeks in Norfolk and Nottinghamshire. I drive down country roads, enjoying rural England through the seasons.


Wednesday, 3 September 2008

Work on the house

  • So let's see, what did I actually achieve during my time off?

    Yes - Resurface the driveway (pebbles ordered and due to arrive next Monday)
    Started but not finished due to shocking weather - Mend and paint the garden fence, decking and pergola
    As above, although I did get quite a bit done, including the leeks and spuds - Weed and tidy the garden up, including planting my leeks out and harvesting my spuds
    Yes - Rip the tiles off my bedroom ceiling - and discovered a hole in the ceiling!
    Yes - Remove the artex from the kitchen ceiling
    Yes Rip the wooden boarding off the kitchen walls
    No... Try to do something to stop my garden wall falling over...
    No... Remove all loose pointing from ground to a 4 foot height from the front and side walls of my house prior to repointing
    No... Start the repointing

And on top of all that I have also:

  • Had the electrician round who has sorted out most of my electrics including fitting a new fuse box and finding that my house isn't earthed...
  • Organised the plasterer who will start work in a couple of weeks
  • Been to France to see m&d and brought some of their stuff back to store for them
  • Organised a self-store unit and started to move some of my stuff into store - by this weekend I aim to have the upstairs completely empty so that the plasterers can work without my things getting in the way, and for all my books, ornaments etc to be in store.

AND I have started on my new foot health practitioner course and completed module 1.

I think I deserve a proper holiday - pity all my money's gone and I've used all my leave up on the house!