My job is mobile and I split my time working alternate weeks in Norfolk and Nottinghamshire. I drive down country roads, enjoying rural England through the seasons.


Monday, 6 October 2008

After the wedding

Didn't get much done at home this weekend as I was in Stockport on Saturday for cousin Phil's wedding - different, not to say unusual, but very enjoyable and because cousin Anne was there with her hubby I sat with them and didn't feel too much like Billy-no-mates. The weather was filthy though, and driving home was horrid - and of course I got lost both coming and going. Even managed to drive through the town centre pedestrian zone whilst trying to find the town hall!


So yesterday after a bit of a lie-in, I went round to mine and washed the downstair's floors TWICE, and then cleaned the living room windows of all the plaster and dust. Today I have to leave work early as the electricity board people are coming to fit the PME and I am going to use the time to wash all the woodwork down, as well as the kitchen windows. And then I can start to undercoat everywhere - will start on the landing and work my way downstairs I think, which will give the living room and kitchen plaster chance to fully dry out. The upstairs plaster dried much faster, but the weather has been much worse recently, and much colder, so it's taking longer.

And of course I can't paint upstairs as I can't move for furniture. So until the downstairs is painted and I can move stuff back down into the living room and kitchen, the bedrooms will have to wait.