My job is mobile and I split my time working alternate weeks in Norfolk and Nottinghamshire. I drive down country roads, enjoying rural England through the seasons.


Thursday, 4 December 2008

Back to the Blog

Not posted since 12 October! The exam boards have been and gone, the certificates have arrived and I'm all set to get them posted out to our students by the end of this week I hope.

I'm still living at Jo's but hope to move back next Tuesday or Wednesday, all being well. The house is painted (mostly, not all the gloss is finished yet) apart from the front bedroom which has had to wait, being piled floor to ceiling with furniture etc from the rest of the house. Wouldn't have been able to even think of moving back if it wasn't for the help that Jo and Steve have given in terms of time and sheer hard work - painting walls, lugging furniture about, laying lino, making up kitchen units - and keeping me going whenever I started to lose hope. I owe them both a lot more than the money I borrowed off them.

My new kitchen is in and LOOKS GREAT - lovely new cupbaords, a drawer unit, shiny new sink and glossy marble-lookalike worktop. It's very simple and plain, but I love it. The walls are a faint off-white, which helps to keep the room nice and light. The floor is vinyl - meant to look like terracotta and stone tiles, but cheaper. It's all lovely and I've really enjoyed getting it all put back together, as it's helped with the frustration that the rest of the house is still work in progress.