My job is mobile and I split my time working alternate weeks in Norfolk and Nottinghamshire. I drive down country roads, enjoying rural England through the seasons.


Wednesday, 29 April 2009

My skin doesn't fit today

Did you ever get one of those days when nothing seems quite right or quite real?

I felt fine when I woke up, a bit muzzy and vague, but that's not that unusual for a Wednesday.

But then things started to go wrong. I was late leaving the house because I couldn't stop fussing and fidgeting with things that didn't need any attention from me.

I got to work to find my milk bottle (an old jam jar with a badly fitting lid) had leaked ALL my milk all over the bottom of my bag - soaking my fruit, 2 books, some paperwork, and various othe bits and bobs lurking in the depths. In the process of trying to extract it all, I managed to spill milk in various places in the office resulting in a massive clean up operation as well as the washing of my bag - which is now hanging out of the window scaring all the birds so I have no feathered friends to cheer me up today.

My fingers won't work properly, I keep hitting the wrong keys but the habit of speed and touch typing means that I can't for some reason type any slower even though half the time I'm backspacing every other letter.

My skin doesn't seem to fit properly, my clothes feel wrong and twisted up. I keep getting really hot and then really cold...

It's either the return of the menopause or my fault for not saluting that magpie last night.

Remind me again - what do we need hormones for?....

No comments:

Post a Comment