My job is mobile and I split my time working alternate weeks in Norfolk and Nottinghamshire. I drive down country roads, enjoying rural England through the seasons.


Friday, 17 April 2009

Wildlife literally on my doorstep

.. or even windowsill to be more accurate.

A squirrel came to grab a share of the seed I put out for the birds here at work, and having eaten his fill and filled his cheek pouches to bursting, he decided to lie down and have a snooze in the sun.

He was there for over half an hour, waking up occasionally and looking at me through the window with seemingly as much curiosity as I felt towards him. Finally, when the grasscutter came along to scalp the golf course fairways again, he took fright and ran away.

I really must dig my camera out - he would have made such a lovely picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment