My job is mobile and I split my time working alternate weeks in Norfolk and Nottinghamshire. I drive down country roads, enjoying rural England through the seasons.


Thursday, 11 June 2009

Following

I've become a lot less interested in writing and posting to my own blog recently - which I have put down to 2 factors:

1) I don't have much spare time, being busy at work and home at the moment.

2) What time I do have spare when I'm online I seem to spend reading other people's blogs.

Some I find through the Blogs of Note, others just randomly appear when I click on various links/interests and hobbies etc.

The only way I have found to keep them listed so that I can find them again is to add myself as a "follower" of the blog - which being fairly blog-illiterate bothers me a bit as it seems to me to be one step away from stalking...

I do it publicly - anonymous following seems even worse to me, but every time I add myself to a complete stranger's blog I have to admit to feeling slightly uncomfortable - I mean, these people don't know me at all, won't they think it weird that some unknown lady from the UK is reading their thoughts and comments?

2 comments:

  1. As another unknown lady from the UK whose blog you have just signed up to, I'd like to say I don't think it weird in the least. I think it a sign of excellent taste and I'm glad to meet you! I like your blog posts very much and your list of reading group books is to die for. So, hello, complete stranger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with stalking - no matter what the judge told me...

    The way I see it, if folks don't want random people reading what they write, they shouldn't write it somewhere public.
    Pretty sure we're all just publicity whores anyhow!

    ReplyDelete