My job is mobile and I split my time working alternate weeks in Norfolk and Nottinghamshire. I drive down country roads, enjoying rural England through the seasons.


Friday, 3 July 2009

Silly phobias

I have what must be one of the stupidest phobias around.

You know when you run a bath and put the bubble bath in - unless you occasionally give it a bit of a whisk around, the foam and bubbles all pile up beneath the hot tap?

Well that's my phobia - putting my hand into it once it's turned into that foamy mountain!

I'm fine with it otherwise - in fact hate having a bath without the bubbles, it's just that bit, putting my hand into the foam. Once I've done it and the bubbles are nicely distrubuted around they turn back into nice comforting bubbles again.

And if I don't, well, that doesn't work. At some point I have to break it up, or there aren't any other bubbles to soak in. And I never have time to give the bath the odd stir while its running - the water pressure is really low so I go off and make a coffee, feed the cat, brush my teeth... while I'm waiting. I never remember to come back and give the water a stir so I only notice it when the mountain has got to "phobia" size.

So every day, I have to steel myself, close my eyes and plunge my hand in and madly whisk it around a bit.

And then I'm fine.

And no, I don't have a shower, so that's not an option.

1 comment:

  1. I assume you're not good with raw meringue mixture either.

    ReplyDelete