My job is mobile and I split my time working alternate weeks in Norfolk and Nottinghamshire. I drive down country roads, enjoying rural England through the seasons.


Friday, 24 July 2009

Talking about...

Jasmine (my cat) - she came home covered in car oil yesterday, having spent time investigating the innards of the van that one of my neighbours has kindly left to rust and decompose at the end of my garden.

Anyway, I had to bath Jasmine to get the oil off her - not as difficult a process as you might think because although she protests loudly, I think she secretly likes all the attention she gets.

She doesn't like being laughed when she's all wet and spiky though...



And talking of swans, this is what I saw driving through Sprotborough to work this morning:



2 comments:

  1. Contrasted with the picture of her on the left of your blog, it looks like one of those 'before' and 'after' pictures. Hopefully, she is now back to 'before' status. We used to have a giant tortoiseshell puss who was mostly hair - when she'd had a bath (oh, what a big fuss!) she literally reduced in size by about 400 per cent. She used to look most abashed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was back to her sleek self very quickly - due to her method of getting dry which involved rolling around on the bed to get most of the water off, before transferring to my mother for her final "polish" so to speak!

    ReplyDelete