My job is mobile and I split my time working alternate weeks in Norfolk and Nottinghamshire. I drive down country roads, enjoying rural England through the seasons.


Wednesday, 5 August 2009

I feel grey

...I feel miserable and fed up

Not sure what it's all about, but my chirpiness just went off on its holidays and left me feeling grumpy, disgruntled and downright brassed off with my life, my job, my - everything!

Perhaps it's my job, the assignments, the stats and transcripts, the never-ending series of spreadsheets I seem to spend my life updating and creating.

Perhaps it's the weather - not a break in the clouds, it's as sullen out there as I feel in here.

I feel like getting in my car and whizzing off somewhere for a few days, getting right out of my boring middle aged old skin and living a different life even if only for a few hours or days.

:(

3 comments:

  1. I'm not surprised you feel like this - just that list of words ... assignments, stats, transcripts, spreadsheets ... fills me with a sense of doom. That, plus the weather. You're right - it's been so grey, but the sun did come out for a couple of hours just now. I felt like that this morning and so I got off the bus 20 minutes before my destination and walked along the canal. Did me good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes feel like that. Wanting to just head out, walk out the door and not look back for awhile, be and do something else.

    Hope your grey clouds clear away and a beautiful blue sky emerges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both of you - you both mention walking, and you're right. I spend so much of my time at the moment inside, looking at petty details, focussing on the mundane, the little things. I need to get out, feel fresh air and really stretch my legs.

    So tomorrow I'll take some proper shoes to work and itend to make some time for a walk at lunchtime.

    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete