My job is mobile and I split my time working alternate weeks in Norfolk and Nottinghamshire. I drive down country roads, enjoying rural England through the seasons.


Thursday, 29 October 2009

Clinic day 3

My birthday today - and how have I spent it? In clinic cutting nails, removing corns and callus, and dealing with couple of veruccas!

And enjoying it very much - not everyone's cup of tea I know, but as they say it takes all sorts...

I think I'm ok at it. I mean, it's still early days, but it's going well, I like the patients and they like me, I'm safe with the equipment, enjoy and am interested in what I'm doing, and so far haven't made any really awful mistakes - all my patients walk out with all 10 toes, and no one has been unhappy with my work.

Having said that, tomorrow will be the end of our first week, and I'm feeling that 2 weeks is just not long enough. I want more practice before being out there on my own, I want more variety, more different cases so that I can learn and experience more.

At least I'll have my sister when I go out into the real world, some of the students really will be on their own.

I wonder how many of us will really make a go of it - if I will even?

4 comments:

  1. Hey, you sound like I did when I first started teaching - if only I could practise more before being let onto the real thing! You'll be fine. Nice to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fran

    Thanks for dropping by, and for the encouragement. It's a scary thing isn't it, being given your tools and a little knowledge and then told to just go out and get on with it!

    Best wishes
    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Found you on Fran Hill's blog. Good luck on your clinics. It's tough some times in the "learning curve" but once you have conquered it, your self esteem and personal power grows leaps and bounds! I will follow you and stop by for more visits...Remember, YOU ARE WOMAN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment and for signing up to my blog Donna.

    Gill

    ReplyDelete