My job is mobile and I split my time working alternate weeks in Norfolk and Nottinghamshire. I drive down country roads, enjoying rural England through the seasons.


Wednesday, 14 December 2011

The festive spirit...

... In which I am sadly lacking this year.

I don't know, maybe I peaked too soon - a couple of weeks ago I really was starting to feel quite christmassy. My shopping was almost done which is what usually heralds the end of my annual bah humbug phase. The decs and advent calendar went up, the cake made, chicken in the freezer and mincemeat bought and ready to be made into pies.

But this week, here we are just 8 or 9 days away and I'm right back to "can't be bothered" mode.

I have managed to wrap about half my presents, now safely nestled beneath the tree, the rest are lined up and ready to go, and I have (at last) ideas for those final 2 nightmare presents which have been haunting me these past few weeks.

But I just can't be bothered.

Please can we cancel it this year?

Merry Christmas one and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment