My job is mobile and I split my time working alternate weeks in Norfolk and Nottinghamshire. I drive down country roads, enjoying rural England through the seasons.


Tuesday, 3 January 2012

first post, 2012

I don't know, it's the 3rd of January already, albeit only half 6 in the morning and this is my first blog of the year - that's my second resolution broken already (the first being when I put 2 spoons of white sugar in my  coffee 5 minutes ago).  I really do want to get back into the habit of blogging but the white box of a new post is as intimidating as a blank white sheet of paper and all the things I want to write about, the words and sentences that just a few minutes ago were jostling for expression in my mind melt away leaving blanks and blandness behind.

In the end I had a good Christmas holiday - at home in Notts for Christmas day and the week after, and then down to Norfolk for New Year and the next week.  I didn't take as many days off in the end as I had planned due to quite a few late bookings, but at least I start the year in a fairly solvent position.  I put a few of my Christmas expenses on the credit card, but not many and should pay them off  by the end of this month.  But I haven't completed and submitted my tax return - and won't know my tax bill until I do.

So what are my resolutions this year?  Well, in no particular order:


  • Give up sugar, specifically refined sugar initially but eventually all sugars, chocolate, sweets etc
  • Related to the above really - get fit, lose 2 stone in weight
  • Do at least 3 athletic/keep fit activities a week - on top of the dail dog walking which doesn't count unless we run part of the way
  • Read A La Recherche du Temps Perdu - in english or/and in french.  I want to know what the fuss is all about.
  • Save some money and pay off my credit cards
  • Be vegetarian again, wherever and whenever possible


And finally...

Be less bland, more spontaneous - go for it and stop worrying about the consequences or other people's opinions so much.  Grow younger in actions and wisdom not older.

No comments:

Post a Comment